Monday, February 23, 2009

THE STORY TOLD BY MANAGALA KALYANI, IDOL ON THE 4th STEP

On the fourth day, Bhoja Raja, his minister Budhi Sagara and others had woke up early in the morning. They had completed their daily works such as bathe, devotion to God, meditation, and donations to poor and having food. They had enjoyed with pans and eating the delicious food. Along with the purohiths, they had entered into the Chitra Kutam i.e. court. Their purohiths had performed devotion to throne with Deepa Dhupa Naivedyas of the services. [It is the devotion method of Hindus. While devoting God, the devotee does welcoming to God washing of feet [Arghya Padyam], Achamamam, Abhishekam[Bathing], light showing, perfumes offering, dress offering etc. Deepam means lamp i.e. light. Dhupam means perfume smokes, Naivedyam means delicious dishes or fruits offering to God. These are called as Shodasa upacharas 16 services] Bhoja Raja had donated food, clothes, gold and land to poor and scholars. He had taken the blessings of elders. All of they were eager whether the king could climb up the throne or not on that 4th day. If not possible, all of they were eager to hear the wonderful stories of Vikramadithya.

Bhoja Raja had stepped on first, second and third steps. The idols on the steps didn’t stop him. When he was affording to keep his foot on the 4th step, the idol on that step stopped him by clapping her hands. Bhoja Raja asked “Daughter! Why you are stopping me.” The idol said, “Raja! I’m Mangala Kalyani, the idol on this 4th step. Our king Vikramadithya was a great worrier. He was noble, able to fight with any demon or enemy, able to punish the bad people whoever it was and able to protect the good people. He was kind and generous. He was moral, sincere and truthful. He had ruled this earth by sitting on this throne. If you have 1 Quality among 100 of Vikrmadithya’s qualities, you can climb up on to this throne. Otherwise you have to go back.”

Bhoja Raja said, “Mangala Kalyani! Let us know the qualities and greatness of Vikramadithya to realize myself. We are eager to hear. Please tell.”

Mangala Kalyani started…

Vikramadithya and Bhatti were ruling the kingdom by sitting on this throne, once the turn to rule country was over. The turn of 6 months of touring had arrived. Bhatti and Vikramadithya had ordered their ministers to look after the kingdom. The ministers were coached up as capable as Bhatti in all sense. Vikramadithya had given his royal ring and other royal signs to them to use in administration and started to spend in tour a country along with Bhatti and Bhethala. Before leaving Ujjain, they had gone to Goddess Kalika Devi’s temple and received her blessings.

THE STORY OF CHAMPAKA VALLI:

They were going through forest. They had crossed hillocks, hills, valleys, rivers and lakes. There they came across a beautiful lake. Around the lake, there were beautiful creepers and flower plants. Beside the way, there was a choultry. By that time, there came dark. To take rest, Bhatti and Vikramadithya had entered into the choultry. They were relaxing there in that night. They had secured a pleasant smell of wax flowers, sandal and other perfumes.

Vikramadithya said, “Bhatti! Do you sense? Here are pleasant perfumes of Wax flowers, sandal and other flowers. There should be such gardens nearby. By sun rise, you go and check.” Bhatti said, “Yes Maharaja!” Next morning, Bhatti had searched in the surroundings. There were no gardens and even wax flower plants. He informed the same to the king. Both Bhatti and Vikramadithya were thinking the root cause of such smells. By that time, some travelers were passing by that way beside the choultry. Vikramadithya said, “Oh Travelers! Here the wind is carrying the perfumes of wax flowers and other flowers. Do you know from where these perfumes are coming? If you know, let us know please!” Then they said, “Oh foreigners! First, you come out of that choultry. Then we can tell you. In that choultry, men should not stay.” Bhatti and Vikramadithya had seen at each other’s face with surprise. They thought “There should be some strange in this. We have to get clarification.” They left the choultry and reached the travelers. They had asked “Oh Travelers! You said that men should not enter into this choultry. Please let us know the reason, in detail. We are very curious to know It.” The travelers said, “Oh. Foreigners! There is a city by name Vijaya Nagaram at a distance of 2 Amadas [distance measurement] to here. The king, Vijaya Ranga Raya is ruling it. He has a daughter by name Champaka Valli. [The meaning of this name is the garland of wax flowers] By birth, she has body odor of sweet smell of wax flowers. Hence, she was named as Champaka Valli. Not only her body odors, people say that her body is as delicate as flowers and as beautiful as flowers. She is famous as God Brahma had created her by gathering all the beauty at once like her. Since childhood, she is not willing to see men except her father. She had learnt all of his education and arts through female teachers. Her determination is – she won’t see gents as well gents should not see her. She doesn’t like to bear even the smell of gents. When she entered into teen age, her father tried to convince her to get marry some prince. But she didn’t accept. She determined herself to be lonely lifelong. The king, Vijaya Ranga Raya is bringing her up with great care and affection. Now she is at the age of 22 years. The king had built a wide and beautiful palace with 7 compound walls for her. She is protecting by female soldiers only. On every Friday, she will come to here along with her servant-maids. She will have bathe in this lake, have pleasure in this garden and relax for some time in that choultry. There, her servant-maids do makeup and hairstyle to her. Because of that repeated event, the choultry is giving the smell of wax flowers. On every Thursday, the soldiers will declare a proclamation by beat of tom-tom, that the princess Champaka Valli will go to lake by Friday and hence men should not come on to the road by that time. If anybody disobeys this order, he will get severe punishment. That’s why, men should not enter into that choultry. The security guards might not notice you in the choultry. Otherwise, they could punish you. Hence, go away from here.” The travelers had gone on their way.

Vikramadithya said, “Bhatti! When the body odor of that young princess is giving this much pleasure, we can’t estimate that how much her beauty will be. Hence, I desire to marry her by destructing her determination. What we can do to fulfill my desire?” Bhatti said, “Rajendra! Being princess, why did she took such determination, we don’t know. She might not be normal. Some extra-ordinary reason should be there. Normal girls can’t have such determination. If there are determinations, normal girls can’t practice them. That’s why, first of all, we have to know why she had such determination to do not see men. After knowing that secret, then we can think an appropriate idea to marry her. When we decide to achieve anything, if we leave it, without achieving then it is not appropriate to our fame, prestige and respect of our race. Tomorrow is Friday. As usual, she will come here tomorrow. By doing appropriate arrangements, one of us should go along with them. By the way, let us know the reason of her determination. Later we can think about further plan to marry her.” Vikramadithya agreed. They had thought for a while. Bhatti said, “Raja! When she come tomorrow, you be in the disguise of old man and hide here somewhere. I will be in the disguise of woman and I’ll mingle in her servant-maids. Then I’ll go with them and I’ll try to know the details.” On Friday, with the help of Bhethala, they had received the required costumes. Vikramadithya became like on old man. Bhatti became like a young woman. By that time, it was morning 10 Gadiyas time. There came Champaka Valli in a pearls palanquin along with her servant-maids. The palanquin carriers were women. The security guards were women. There were many servant-maids. Some of them were serving her with hand fans. Some of them were singing. Some of them were praising her beauty with beautiful lyrics. Vikramadithya who was in the disguise of old man hidden behind a thick bush and watching them. Really, Champaka Valli was very beautiful. Her long, thick and black hair was like waves of black Ocean. There spread the sweet and pleasant smell of wax flowers. She was as delicate as jasmines. Her skin complex was like the mix of roses and chrysanthemum in pure raw milk. Her eyes were like the eyes of active deer. Her lips were like the flower sinensis. A divine glory was around her. Totally, she was very attractive. Vikramadithya 100% decided to marry her. Bhatti who was in the disguise of woman had mingled in her servant-maids. But he didn’t go near to her as he knows that she could recognize the smell of men.

Champaka Valli and her servant-maids had enjoyed there in the lake by swimming. They had bathed. They had played chess and other games for some time. They had enjoyed with music and dances. They had relaxed later. It was beyond noon. They had started to the royal palace. Bhatti also followed them. On the way, he had noticed that there were no men on the roads. They had reached the palace of 7 compound walls. At the gate of first wall, some servant-maids had separated. At the 2nd gate some, at the 3rd gate some, like that at every gate some of servant-maids had separated. When they reached the 7th gate, there were only 4 servant-maids along with Champaka Valli. Bhatti sensed the danger. He thought, “If I enter into the palace along with Champaka Valli, because there are no many servant-maids, they may recognize me. They ask me about my identity. What can I reply? Moreover, she may sense the small of man. That’s why, I should not step inside. It is not safe for me and for my work even. “Immediately he mingled with other servant-maids who were returning back from the palace. Like that, he had crossed the 6 gates again and came out of the palace. He walked far to the palace. He sat beside way and thought, “I had promised the king Vikramadithya to identify the reason of Champaka Valli’s condition and came up to this distance. With failure, now can I show my face to Vikramadithya? Let me go to Ujjain by another way. Let me visit the temple of our Goddess Kalika Devi and pray her to reveal the secrecy of Champaka Valli’s determination and the plans to get marry her with Vikramdithya.”

By thinking like this Bhatti had approached another way. He was going to Ujjain. He had walked for some time. He removed his woman disguise. It was day 12 Gadiyas time. The sun was hot in the sky. Bhatti was thirsty enough. By that time, he was walking through a thick forest. He had seen a river. On the bank of the river, there was a big banyan tree. Bhatti felt happy. He had drunk the water and lay under the shade of banyan tree. He was thinking how to solve the problem. He had found that there was a saint’s ashram at near to that place. In that ashram, there was living a saint along with his wife and doing penance. Then the saint came to have bathe in the river. He had seen Bhatti who lay under the shade of tree. Bhatti was pretending sleep. The saint felt wonder about the handsome appearance of Bhatti. He thought, “I don’t know who this man is. It seems that he will be a king or deity. Really, he is very handsome. If my wife see him, she may feel crazy on him. His appearance is mesmerizing the men even. That’s why let me change this man into woman.” He had searched in surroundings. He had brought a root and chanted some mantras. He had touched Bhatti with the root. Wonder! Bhatti became as a beautiful young woman. The saint had dropped that root beside him and gone to river. He had completed his bathe and returned to his ashram Bhatti didn’t get up. He continued his pretention. After some time, the saint’s wife had came there to bathe in the river. She had seen Bhatti who was in the form of woman under the shade of tree. She had thought “Oh God! How beautiful this woman is. She might be princess or divine woman. If my husband see her, he may become crazy on her. He may leave me. It is not safe to leave like this. Let me change this woman into man. She had brought another root and touched it to his body by chanting some mantras. Double wonder! Bhatti became again as a man. The saint’s wife had completed her bathe in the river and gone on her way.

Bhatti got up, picked up the both roots, and once reminded the mantras chanted by the saint and his wife. He had thought, “How kind Ujjain Maham Kali is! Before I reach the temple at Ujjain to pray for the right plan, she had given me boons like this. Really, this is great. When we go in search of a medical creeper, if the same found at our feet, what a joy and lucky it will be. Elders used to say that it would be fortune to us. By the way, today I’m very fortunate. Immediately I have to approach Vikramadithya. I have to explain everything to him.” Immediately he rushed to the Vijaya Nagaram. There in the garden, Vikramadithya was waiting for Bhatti. He was worrying with anxiety on Bhatti’s delay and craze on ChampaValli. He thought, “Bhatti had gone in the afternoon. Now it is beyond sunset. There came dark in surroundings. Why didn’t Bhatti return? By misfortune, did Bhatti say something wrong with servant-maids? Or did servant-maids could recognize him. Did the work got spoil? Wherever he goes, Bhatti used to return with success within short time. Today, why didn’t he return until now? Whatever it happens, let it be. Let me go to Vijaya Nagaram and Champaka Valli’s palace. Let me see what happen. I’ll destruct her determination and I’ll locate whether Bhatti is in some danger. I should not waste time further. Let everybody should know my strength.” With anger and impatience, Vikramadithya left his disguise of old man and turned into his own form. He was about to move. Just then, he had a look on the way.

By that time, Bhatti reached him. He had watched the anger and impatience of the king, Vikramadithya. He had put namaskar to Vikramadithya and stood there with silence.

Vikramadithya said, “Bhatti! You had left me long back and didn’t turn up until now. What you have done on the way.” Bhatti said, “Maha raja! I left you here and went with the servant-maids. We had reached the royal palace. It has 7 compound walls. At each gate, some of servant-maids were separated. By reaching the 7th gate, there were only 4 servant-maids. Hence, I didn’t enter into the palace along with Champaka Valli. Like that, my trial was failed. I didn’t like to show my face to you with failure. Hence, I tried to go to Ujjain to pray our Goddess Kali Devi. On the way, I had laid under a tree. There was a saints’ Ashram nearby. He came there to have bathe in the river beside. He had seen me. He had wanted to change me as woman. He had chanted mantras and touched with this root. I had turned as woman. He had dropped this root beside me and gone to his way. After some time his wife had came there. She had seen me as woman. She has wanted to change me as man. She had chanted a mantra and touched me with another root. I turned as man. She had dropped the root beside me and gone to his ashram. I felt happy. I collected the roots and came here”.

[OUT COMING SKILLS: From this narration of story, when the children read this pattern, automatically they learn how to present an issue in direct speech and in indirect speech. Like that without knowing, without paying much industry, as part in their entertainment of story, they can learn the communication skills. Being kids, we i.e. my generation had learnt this. I observed the same phenomena in my daughter and others. Hence, confirmly, I’m saying this.]

He had shown the roots to Vikramadithya. The king felt very happy. He said, “Bhatti! Really, this is the kind affection of our Goddess Kalika Devi on us; but nothing else. I appreciate your afford. Now, what we have to do?” Bhatti said, “With the help of these roots, you can turn as woman. I’ll play a trick to accommodate you at the palace of Champaka Valli. You be friendly with her and you know the reason behind her determination. You know her opinions and feelings. Later I’ll bring you back. Then we can play another plan to get marry you with her.”

Vikramadithya had agreed for this. Bhatti had chanted the mantra and touched Vikramadithya with the root. Vikramadithya had turned as woman. Bhatti had changed himself into the get up of king. He said, “Rajendra! Now your name is Vikramamba. I’m your husband. My name is Salya Raja. Let us go to Vijaya Ranga Raya.”

They had reached Vijaya Nagaram. Vikramadithya was walking behind Salya Raja as if she was a chaste woman. She was looking at her feet and toes and walking behind her husband Salya Raja. People on the way were amazing at them. She was beautiful and he was handsome. Both were graceful and with glory. They had approached the court of Vijaya Ranga Raya. Salya Raja had put namaskar to Vijaya Ranga Raya. The king, Vijaya Ranga Raya had seen the pair and their glory. He had thought, “He might be some king of some country. It seems that he is king as equal as me. It is respectable to me to show respects to this man.” He had offered seat to Salya Raja and well treated him. He said, “Oh king! Who are you? Who is she? What is your native? Why do you come here? What can I do for you?” Bhatti said, “Oh king! Bheema Puram is my native. I’m the king of that city. My name is Salya Raja. She is my wife, Vikramamba. She is sister to the king of Ujjain, Vikramadithya. As a sub ordinate king, I used to pay tributes i.e. share in the taxes to him every year in time. But since 3 years, we had no rains in our country. Hence, we had no crops. That’s why, it was not possible for me to pay tax in time. Without considering even the blood relation of brother-in-law, he insisted me to clear the arrears within time. I had mortgaged my assets. But still I had the dues. He insisted me to mortgage my wife. He didn’t consider that my wife is his own sister. He might get the pride of Emperorship. I feel ferocious. If he has no affection on us, why should I show the same to him? That’s why, by taking my wife I came to you. Now I request you to lend me 10,000 Honnes by accepting my wife as mortgage to you. If you give such money to me, I’ll clear off my credit with that rude hearted Vikramadithya. Within short period, I’ll clear your loan and I can take my wife with me. I hope that you can help me. With that hope only I came to you from such long distance.” Vijaya Ranga Raya said, “Salya Raja! We used to hear that Vikramadithya is so great, kind and good. I feel wonder by knowing this.” Bhatti said, “Oh king. It is natural. We watch the hills smooth from far.” Then Vijaya Ranga Raya said, “Vikramadithya is strong Emperor. If he did such to you being brother-in-law, he won’t consider the king like myself. That’s why, it is not correct to me to take mortgage of your wife. I’ll give 10,000 Honnes as per your request. You take them and solve your troubles.”

Bhatti said, “Vijaya Ranga Raya! You are ideal and moral. You are ruling your country with morals. You have sympathies on others. Moreover, you are generous so that you are considering others like you and others problems like your own problems. That’s why, you are proposing like this. Nobody can say that your proposal is not moral. I had born in king’s race. Hence, it is not advisable for me to accept others sacrifice and generosity. That’s why, accept my wife as mortgage and give me 10,000 Honnes.”

Vijaya Ranga Raya said, “Salya Raja. Consider me as your friend. This is the help of a friend to another friend. It is not my kindness or generosity to you. Hence, you can accept my proposal.”

Bhatti said, “Maha raja! You said well. I accept your friendship. Whenever I came to request you from far by searching for you, then itself we became friends. I can take 10,000 Honnes from you. But if I take like that and pay to my brother-in-law, vikramadithya, as the dues of taxes, he may think that I had kept money in secrecy in past, now I produced to him. Hence, he may trouble me in 10,000 possible ways. Why should I welcome to such sufferings. That’s why, I request you to accept my wife as mortgage and give me 10,000 Honnes. It is more than enough to me.”

Vijaya Ranga Raya was convinced by his argument. He had ordered his treasurer to bring 10,000 Honnes from the royal treasure. He had kept it in front of the king with obedience. Vijaya Ranga Raya had given that bag of money to Salya Raja i.e. Bhatti. He had ordered his servant-maids to take Vikramamba to palace.

Salya Raja [Bhatti] said, “Rajendra! You had given my desired money as per my request. I’m grateful to you. I have another request. I think you came notice that this woman i.e. Vikramamba was brought up with care, love and affection. In the palace, generally men and women live together. It may hurt my wife when she observes other woman enjoying with their husbands. Because she is a part of myself, she may feel lonely. It is not safe and good to her. That’s why I request you to accommodate at a place where men won’t move. You are the man of sensitive thinking. There is no need for me to explain what is good and what is bad. Yes. Now I remember! Your daughter Champaka Valli is determined in avoiding men and living on a specially built palace along with her servant-maids. Is not it? I heard that no man could enter into the palace. If you send my wife to there, they can be friendly with each other. My wife will be happy there without feeling the sorrow of my separation. Because the both of Vikramamba and Champaka Valli are at the same age, they can be as friends easily. Friendship will be among equal age people, but not among different age people. I don’t know your opinion. Please let me know.”

[Here Bhatti’s target was not taking money. He didn’t need it. His target was to transplant Vikramamba at royal palace along with Champaka Valli. To achieve such goal, how many ways did he presented his arguments? The children who read these stories automatically can access such abilities. This is one of the out puts of these stories.]

Vijaya Ranga Raya said, “Salya Raja! I also thought the same. Let your wife be with my daughter, be peaceful, and free there. From now on words, I feel she is my elder daughter, Champaka Valli is my younger daughter and you are my son-in-law. Hence, you don’t worry about her. You leave all tensions here and go to solve your problems.”

Salya Raja had expressed his gratefulness to Vijaya Ranga Raya and taken send off from him. Before leaving the court, he had conversed with Vikramamba in their indicated language and taken send off from her. He pretended as he was going to Ujjain, entered into a cave, and relaxed there. He kept 10,000 Honnes at a secret place with care.

Vijaya Ranga Raya had adjourned his court and take Vikramamba to the palace where Champaka Valli was residing. He had called on her. Champaka Valli had heard her father’s voice and felt surprise. Immediately she ran to him. She had put namaskar to him and stood with obedience. The king said, “Daughter. You are my heart. You see, she is Vikramamba, the sister of the king of Ujjain Vikramadithya. Her husband Salya Raja had some problems. Hence, he had left her here and taken 10,000 Honnes from us. He had gone to solve his problems. Until he returns to repay our money and take her from here, we have to protect her. From this day onwards, she will be with you. You be friendly with her and well treat her. Consider her like your own sister.”

Champaka Valli had obediently accepted her father’s order by remembering the elders’ word, as “There is no other great mantra than the word of father.” She said, “Yes father. I obey your order. From this day, I accept Vikramamba as my friend. I’ll take care of her. I promise you that I can perform my responsibility in well manner” Vijaya Ranga Raya felt happy by watching the obedience and good nature of his daughter. Along with Queen, he had taken send off from her and gone to his palace.

Champaka Valli felt happy to receive a new friend. She welcomed Vikramamba and said, “My dear Vikramamba. Don’t feel that this is a new place to you. Consider this palace as your own. Don’t feel lonely. I’m here for you. We can have a nice time by playing music instruments like lute and other. We can enjoy with arts such as singing, dancing, and painting and with discussion on Sasthras.”

Vikramamba pretended somewhat shy in the beginning and slowly she had mingled with Champaka Valli. Until that time, though Champaka Valli had many servant-maids, she had no friends. She was the only daughter to his father. The servant-maids could serve her but they could not extend intellectual company to her. Their maturity was not up to that. Now Champaka Valli found a right companion to her. Champaka Valli and Vikramamba were spending time with arts, music and dance and with intellectual discussion on Sasthras. Whatever Champaka Valli raised the topic, Vikramamba used to discuss on it in as many as possible angles. While playing chess and other games they were competitive. While enjoying the arts, Vikramamba became ideal role to Champaka Valli. Almost she had forgotten the other world except Vikrmamba. Day by day, she was becoming fascinated towards Vikramamba because of her talents, beauty, talkativeness, knowledge and maturity. Days were passing like this.

On the other hand, Bhatti had found a dead body of squirrel in the cave in which he was relaxing. He had inserted himself by Parakaya Pravesam into the dead body of squirrel. [It was believed in ancient India that there was an education by name ParaKaya Pravesam. With the help of that, mantras i.e. magic words a person can leave his body and can enter into another dead body. By the way, temporarily their body becomes dead and the dead body of others in which they had entered becomes alive] He had ordered Bhethala to protect his body and 10,000 Honnes and reached Champaka Valli’s palace. He had watched the friendship between Champaka Valli and Vikramamba was increasing day by day. Gradually Champaka Valli was not able to spend even a single minute without Vikramamba. They were eating together, spending time together and sleeping together. The servant-maids were more cheerful under the leading of Vikramamba. They were servicing them with more admiration. Bhatti was watching all of this in the form of squirrel. He was arriving the palace after noon, watching every happening up to mid night and returning to his cave every day.

By that time Vikramamba, i.e. Vikramadithya thought, “What is the use if I waste time like this with Champaka Valli. How to fulfill my desire? Until date, I could not find out the reason for her determination to prevent men in her life. If I spend time like this, the 6 months turn of my tour will get complete. Then I have to go back Ujjain with empty hands. That’s why I should not waste time even a moment further. Until date, I didn’t leave Champaka Valli for even a minute. Now let me pretend anger and leave her for some time. By playing this ‘Bheda’ [i.e. difference] trick on her, I can know her secret.” [To convince others, in Indian ancient literature, elders told 4 ways. Sama, Dana, Bheda, Damdams. 1. Samam means talking with friendship, love and affection. By doing like this, we can convince the others and make them to accept our deal. 2. Danam means giving i.e. donating things like money and objects to others to convince them to accept our deal. 3. Bhedam means showing indifferent behavior such as anger, threatening or making them fearful to convince them and to make them to accept our deal. 4. Dandam means punishment or rude treatment i.e. by force making the others to accept our deal.]

By thinking like that, Vikramamba had reached a corner and dark room in the palace and laid there by covering her face with a blanket. Champaka Valli had searched for her in all directions. She thought, “What is this wonder! Until date, Vikramamba didn’t leave me even for a single minute. Now why did she left me? Where is she?” Champaka Valli had searched all rooms and found Vikramamba in a corner room by lying on a cot with covered face. She had approached Vikramamba and said, “Oh my dear friend! Why are you lonely here? What is the sorrow you have now? Did anybody said anything to you? Did anybody here hurt you? Who is dare to hurt you or to make you anger? Or anybody disobeyed you? Or do you get bore with me? Did I hurt you without sense? Please tell me what is there in your mind. Otherwise, how can I know? Why are you sad? If you are like this, how can I live? Please tell me what happened.” Champaka Valli was trying to console Vikramamba. Vikramamba said, “My dear friend! Listen. I have no bore with you. In this palace, nobody disobeyed me. Just I slept here. Don’t think otherwise.” Champaka Valli said, “Darling. You are like diamond among women. I have doubts by watching your face and words. It seems that your feelings are different to your action and words. I sense something is in your mind. You are feeling something sad. Let me know please.” Vikramamba didn’t give reply. Champaka Valli sat beside her and turned her face towards her own face, said, “Vikramamba! If you have any deficiency or sorrow, with whom do you share except with me? First, come out of this dark and corner room. Have bathe and food. Later we can talk.” By force, she had driven Vikramamba to have bathe. Champaka Valli had combed her hair and decorated her face personally. After having food and pan, when they were relaxing in the garden, in the lonely place once again Champaka Valli had asked Vikramamba to say her sorrow. Vikramamba said, “By hearing such, I doubt that can you eliminate it?” Champaka Valli said, “What are you saying? It is surprising to me. Are you thinking that I’m rude enough to do not eliminate your sorrow? You see! Though, our bodies are different but I feel our souls are one. It is not correct if you don’t reveal your sorrow to me. Now I recall a story. In previous there were two friends like us. I tell you their story. Listen carefully.”

Vikramamba got ready to hear. Champaka Valli was narrating the story …

No comments: