Monday, December 29, 2008

3rd STORY OF BHETHALA :

THE STORY OF BRAHMIN YOUNG MEN


Vikramadithya again reached the Moduga tree and bound the corpse on his shoulder. He was walking towards the Bruhadaranyam. Bhethala watched the ferocious king, Vikramadithya. Bhethala said, “Oh Vikramadithya! I tell you a story. Listen this story with silence.”


Bhethala continued…


Once upon a time, there was a city Anganam. There was a Brahmin by name Adi Vishnu. He had three sons. They had learnt different arts and education. The three brothers approached the king of that city Yogadasa to fetch job in his court. They had introduced themselves as learnt people. The king asked them “What is your specialty?” The elder brother said, “I know the best luxury in eating. I can justify the quality of food.” The middle brother said, “I know the best luxury in sex. I can justify the nature of woman”. The third brother said, “I know the best luxury in sleeping. I can justify the quality of beds and cushions.”


The king had felt wonder and decided to test their abilities. He ordered the royal Poojari [priest] i.e. Brahmin to give lunch to the elder brother. After eating, the king asked the Brahmin’s elder son “Oh Young man! What is the significance of food you eat now.” He said, “Oh Maha Raja! I ate the rice which was giving the smell of burial ground.” The king enquired into the matter. It was came to notice that rice had grown in a field to which the fertile was supplied from burial ground. The king surprised at his talent.


He ordered the middle brother to spend with beautiful dancer cum prostitute who was working in the royal dancing theater. On next day, the king asked the middle brother as “Oh Young man. Last night you enjoyed with one of our dancing women. What is your justification?” The middle brother said, “The women with whom I spent last night was giving the smell of sheep.” When the king enquired into the matter, he came to know that the dancer had born in the family of shepherds. The king felt satisfaction.


He called on the younger brother and ordered him to sleep on a special bed. This bed was made as 7 layers. Each one was made with fine cotton and with feathers of swan. The cover was made with pure silk cloth. It was smooth and soft. Next morning the king asked him “What is the significance of bed and your sleeping luxury?” The third brother told “Oh Maha Raja! By sleeping on such bed, I got body pains.” The king ordered the servants to search on bed. He personally examined the search. There found a human long hair under the 7 layers of beds. The king felt thrill, by watching the talents of three brothers. He had given appropriate jobs to them in his court.


Bhethala said, “Oh Vikramadithya! Who is great among these three brothers? Tell me.”


Vikramadithya said, “Bhethala! The elder brother had identified the luxury in eating. The middle brother had identified the luxury in enjoying with woman. Both these had experienced and identified when they were in the state of activeness. But the third brother had identified the luxury while sleeping. Hence, his talent is more great and he is most efficient.”


Because the silence was broken, Bhethala along with corpse disappeared from Vikramadithya’s shoulder and re-appeared on the Moduga tree.


OUT COMING SKILLS: This story will inspire the children to improve their 5 senses i.e. vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, and touch and other sensitive talents. If we concentrate on our senses, we can improve them. It is my practical experience. In my childhood, when I read these stories I was inspired by this story. I had concentrated on 5 senses. Now I can say with conformation, my sensitive observation and memory are much than many others. I’m not saying this with ego. I’m saying this with self-confidence and observation. One more feature is here. By reading Vikramadithya’s reply, children can understood how the things should analyze.

No comments: