Saturday, December 13, 2008

KALIKA DEVI’S BOONS TO BHATTI

By that time, Goddess Kalika Devi was not in the temple. She had gone to visit and to protect the Ujjain Nagar i.e. city. Bhatti had noticed that. He had driven out the ghosts who were on guard duty to the temple. He sat in front of the idol of Goddess and started meditation of her name. After some time Bhadra Kali Devi returned to the temple. She had observed Bhatti, his devotion and obedience towards Goddess. She appeared to him and asked, “My dear child, Bhatti! Why do you come here by this mid night? Why are you praying to me?”



Bhatti put namaskar to her and said, “Oh! Mother! You are my golden Mother! You are beautiful Mother! You are the leader to this entire world. I’m putting of namaskar [wish] to you. You asked me why I’m praying you. I want to have boons from you.”


Goddess Bhadra Kali said, “Oh my best devotee! Let me know what do you want?”


Bhatti said, “Oh Goddess! You are the protector to all! My brother, your devotee and the king of this country Vikramadithya had gone to heaven and got boons from Devendra to be on earth for 1000 years. He had forgotten me. Moreover, he had brought a golden throne. I don’t know any other than you. I trust you. I believe you. I’m praying you. I’m devoting you. Hence, I came to you. Where I can go to other than you? Who is there to fulfill my desires, other than you? Hence, I’m asking you to give me boons to live 2000 years on this earth.”


By hearing this Kalika Devi said, “Oh Minister! I can’t give such boon to you.” To test him she kept calm. Bhatti prayed her in several ways. He said, “Oh! Mother! You are the Goddess. You are kind. You are mother to this universe. What are there as impossible to you? If you say no, then who are there to say yes?”


She pleased with him. Still she had said, “Well Bhatti! I say, hear with care. You cut your brother Vikramadithya’s head and keep it on the altar. Then I can give you the desired boon”.


Bhatti said, “Well” He had gone to the palace of Vikramadithya. He was sleeping by that odd hour of night. Bhatti reached his bed. It was bright with lights like daytime. Bhatti had worn his sword, which was sharp and bright in the hand and made Vikramadithya to wake up.


Vikramadithya had got up and saw Bhatti. He said, “Oh my dear younger brother! What is the reason to come here by this mid night?” Bhatti said, “Oh, the best among kings! I require your head for certain work. That’s why I came to your palace.” Vikramadithya said, “Okay! Take it.” By saying like this Vikramadithya laid on the bed.


Bhatti had cut down the head of Vikramadithya and took it to temple. He had kept it on the alter and prayed to Goddess Bhadra Kalika Devi. She appeared him and gave boon to live 2000 years in the earth. Bhatti had laughed at this.


Goddess Kalika Devi asked him “Bhatti! Why are you laughing?” Bhatti said, “Oh Mother! Mrudhani [the other name of Devi] Devendra had given long life boon to my brother in the assembly of AmaraVathi, in the presence of all deities and saints. This happened recently. Until date, a month even not passed. Within one month, I myself had killed him. He was died. Devendra’s boon was like this. In such case, what about my boon? I laughed for this.”


Goddess Kalika Devi felt happy with his wisdom, trust, adventure and devotion.
Bhatti had succeeded in her test. She said, “Bhatti! You are clever. Your wisdom, adventure and spontaneity are not found even in deities.”


Bhatti said, “Oh Mother! Don’t consider me with deities.” Goddess Kalika Devi said, “Oh Minister! Don’t doubt my boons. If you want any more ask me.” Bhatti said, “I want Vikramadithya alive.” She had congratulated him for his wisdom and told the idea to make Vikramadithya alive.


Bhatti was extremely happy. He had brought the cut off head to the palace and joined it to the body of Vikramadithya. He spread magic water on the body and head. He murmured the Goddess Kalika Devi’s Sthotram [magic words]. Vikramadithya got up as if he got up from sleep. He said, “Bhatti! What happened?” Bhatti had narrated everything. By hearing all of this, Vikramadithya felt so much happy. But not Bhatti. He realized his mistake now. He said, “MY dear elder brother, Vikramadithya. You had gone to heaven and got boon to be on this earth for 1000 years. You had forgotten me. This made me to feel sad and unhappy. That’s why I approached Goddess Kalika Devi. But with my anger, revenge, or something like that, I could bag 2000 years to live on this earth. Now I’m realizing the truth. Without your company, how can I lead life happily? It is my fault.”


Vikramadithya said, “My dear younger brother, Bhatti! It is not your fault. It is my fault to forget you in the heaven. But I also cannot live happily without you. That’s why when you asked about my head, I had given it to you happily. Now both of we are in trouble. How to solve this?”


They thought for some while. They got the idea. Bhatti said, “Brother. Devendra had given boon to you to rule the kingdom for 1000 years by sitting on the golden throne. Hence, you rule the country for 6 months in a year. For remaining 6 months, you go on tour to different places on this earth. In your absence, I’ll look after the kingdom. If we both go on tour, let our ministers look after the kingdom for such 6 months. What do you say?”


With extreme joy, Vikramadithya hugged his brother Bhatti. Since that day, the king Vikramadithya and the Minister Bhatti were ruling the country together, and doing everything with co-operation. They were respecting each other; loving each other. They were taking the 6th part of yield from the farmers and people as taxes. They were ruling the country with perfect administration. Their subordinates were obedient and service oriented to them and to people. In their kingdom, all were co-operative and co-ordinative. The cat and rat were playing at a place. The tiger and cow were drinking water at a bank of river. Crops, weather etc everything was good.


Vinoda Ranjitha idol said, “Oh Bhoja Rajendra! You had heard the dare, adventure nature and morality of Vikramadithya. Is there any other man who can give his head i.e. life to fulfill the desire of his brother? If you have at least 1% of these characteristics in yourself, you can climb up this throne. Otherwise, it is better to drop the idea.”


Bhoja Raja, his Minister Budhi Sagar and all his courtiers had heard this with wonder. By that time, it was sunset. The assembly was adjourned for next day. The king had gone to his palace.


OUT COMING SKILLS: By reading this story, children can inspire to behave without ego and pride. Vikramadithya had accepted his mistake with Bhatti as he had forgotten to think about Bhatti at heaven. By reading about such personality, children can inspire to behave in such gentle manner. Because of this hero i.e. Vikramadithya, children can get motivation to absorb such qualities as dare, adventure, learning of all arts etc. By Bhatti’s character, his behavior at Goddess Ujjain Maham Kali’s temple to fetch a boon to live 2000 years, children can induce the nature of factorizing the truths. However, these fantasy stories can motivate children to dream about some unknown worlds. These qualities improve their imagination power, logical power and other capabilities.

No comments: