Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10th STORY OF BHETHALA

THE STORY OF MADANA SENA


Again Vikramadithya had bound Bhethala and walking towards Bruhadaranyam to fulfill the wish of the saint Gnana Seela. As usual, Bhethala started to tell a story. He said, “Rajendra! Listen!”

Once there was a country Magadha. Its capital city was Kosala Nagaram. The king of that country was Dheera Veerudu. He was ruling the country with good administration. In that city, there was a rich Vysya businessman by name Dhana Datta. He had no children. That’s why he had done penance about God Shiva. God had given boon to him.

Because of such boons, Dhana Datta had a son by name Dharma Datta and a daughter Madana Sena. Dharma Datta was good in education. He had a friend Charu Datta. Both Dharma Datta and Charu Datta used to go everywhere together. They would not leave each other.

Dhana Datta’s daughter Madana Sena was beautiful and good girl. She was in teen age; about to marriage. One day she was playing with flower balls along with her friends in her house garden. At that moment, her brother Dharma Datta and his friend Charu Datta came there. Charu Datta had seen her and admired her beauty. Next day he had found her lonely and said, “Madana Sena! You are so beautiful. I admire your beauty. Please accept my proposal. You love me.”

Madana Sena said, “Charu Datta! I have no objection to accept you. But my parents had decided to give me to Samudra Datta as wife. I don’t like to cross the morality. Soon my marriage will perform. After my marriage, before my first night, I’ll come to you to satisfy your desire. I promise you to do so. Up to that, I don’t like to cross my limits and to loss my virginity. Please try to understand. Hence, you please go from here.”

Due to un-alternative, Charu Datta left from there. Some days passed. There happened the marriage of Madana Sena with Samudra Datta. On the first night, the newlywed couple was in the bedroom. When Samudra Datta reached Madana Sena with love, she had requested him to wait and said, “Oh my loving husband. I have a request. You please listen. Before our marriage, one day when I was in the house, one man came to me. He expressed his desire on me. I had promised him that I can satisfy his desire i.e. lust before my first night after my marriage, to save my virginity. Now I don’t like to overlook that promise. I request for your decision.”

By hearing this, Samudra Datta had thought “This girl is not like other common girls. She has no cheating nature. I can believe this girl.” He said, “Well. Go to him.” Like that, Madana Sena had taken the permission of husband and was going to Charu Datta’s house. On that midnight on the way, a thief had seen her. He had admired her beauty and stopped her. He had urged her to spend time with him. She said, “Oh Man! You are like my father! Why do you desire my company? What is the use of it? You take all of my valuable ornaments. By taking these, you please happily go on your way.”

The thief said, “Your company is more valuable than all.” She felt helpless. Then she had narrated her story to him. She said “Now I’m going to fulfill my promise to Charu Datta. Let me go. While return I’ll come to you.”

The thief left her. He was waiting there. She had reached Charu Datta’s house. She said, “Charu Datta! As per my previous promise, I came to you. You can enjoy with my beautiful body.” Charu Datta felt guilty. He thought, “This girl, Madana Sena is not immoral. She is holy and chaste woman. I should not enjoy with her and I should not think to enjoy with her.”

He had fallen down on her feet and begged for excuse. He had given send off to her to go to her husband. She felt happy about the morality shown by Charu Datta. She returned from there. On the way, she approached the thief who was waiting for her. She had explained all the issue to the thief. By hearing that the thief felt guilty and sad. He thought, “This girl is standing for word what she had given. She is not like ordinary woman. She is chaste woman. It is sin to spoil her virginity. God may curse me. Or this chaste woman can curse me.” The thief had treated her like his own sister. He had given send off to her with valuable gifts and ornaments. She had returned to husband and told everything to him like piercing of a bead onto thread. Samudra Datta had felt happy and well treated her. Both Madana Sena and Samudra Datta lived happily for long time.

Bhethala completed the story.

He said, “Vikramadithya Rajendra! Husband, thief and adulterer Charu Datta – Among these three men, who is great? Tell me.”

Vikramdithya said, “Thief is great. Because he is thief, he can robber ornaments
and rape her. Without doing such harm to her, he had well treated her as if she was his own sister. He had given gifts and sent to home. Hence thief is great.”

Finished! Bhethala vanished.

OUT COMING SKILLS: In this story, Madana Sena behaved with loyalty, morality and truth. By reading this story children can understand and improve to understand the power of truth and sincerity. Truth and sincere behavior make our life less complicate and more comfortable. These human values can induce in children psychology, by these stories.

No comments: