Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21st STORY OF BHETHALA


THE STORY OF DEMON


Again, Vikramadithya had climbed up the Moduga tree and brought down the corpse. He had bound the corpse and kept it on shoulder. He was walking with silence.


Bhethala started a story. He said, “Oh king! Listen my story. And answer to my question.”


He continued …


Once a king, Yasho Varma was ruling a city Vichitra Puram. One day he had gone to forest to enjoy hunting. There he had seen a beautiful girl who seemed to be a daughter of saint. She was like a divine girl of forest. He got crazy on her. He had reached her and said, “Oh girl! Who are you? Why are you wandering here lonely. This is the dangerous forest. Don’t you know?”


She had smiled at him by hearing that words. She said, “I’m the daughter of a saint. We live here, in this forest only.” The king had expressed his desire on her. She said, “Oh king! You are the king to this country. I’m the daughter of a saint. Is it right to love me for you? Any way you urged me. Hence, I consider your request.”


They were enjoying with each other’s company under the shade of a big Neem tree. At that moment, there came a demon. He was very big and cruel. He had caught up the king and got ready to swallow him. The king screamed out with fear. He shouted and urged the demon “Oh, the king of demons! Please don’t swallow me.” The demon said, “I’ll leave you on one condition. If you satisfy my desire, I won’t swallow you. You have to offer a boy who has both the parents as food to me.” The king promised to do so. The demon had released him.


Immediately the king had returned to his city Vichitra Puram. He had enquired in his city for poor family. He had found a poor Brahmin wife and husband who had 3 sons. The king had given them huge amount of gold and wealth, then he told everything to them. They were very poor and struggling for food on every day. Hence, they had agreed to give one of their sons to the king. The father said, “I love my elder son. He has to put fire on my head when I die. Hence, I won’t give him. You can take any one of the rest.” The mother said, “I love my younger son. He has to put fire on my head when I die. Hence, I won’t give him. You can take the middle one.”


The king Yasho Varma had taken the middle boy to the demon. The demon had held the boy in hands and opened the mouth to swallow him. Then the little boy had laughed aloud. Immediately the demon had released the boy on to the ground and disappeared from there.


Bhethala finished the story. He said, “Vikramadithya. Do you hear the story carefully? Now tell me, why did the Brahmin boy have laughed?”


Vikramadithya said, “Bhethala! The boy had thought, as “When the neighbors beat him, the parents should protect him. When the parents are harassing him, then the king has to protect the poor boy. When the king is doing violence on him, the God should save him. In spite of this, when the God himself is ready kill him without kind, what is there to believe.” With these thoughts, the boy had laughed. Because the demon had sensed his thoughts, the demon had left him behind. That’s all.”


Bhethala was pleased with this answer. Any way the silence had disturbed. Bhethala vanished from there.


OUT COMING SKILLS: By reading this story, children can understand the responsibilities of parents, rulers and people. Being kid, the 2nd son of Brahmin was daring enough to express his satire on the face of demon. It had saved him. They will inspire children to face any difficulty and problem in this life with dare and adventure.

No comments: